Wednesday, November 28, 2018

shell thingermajigger

Today's class on building the shell was not what I was expecting. I felt it was organized in a way that did not encourage learner but that encouraged working on other work expensively after we where told we where getting a working class that did not happen.  With this activity, I felt there needed to be more of a discussion/ lecture about the shape, to begin with. Without this, I was lost to start and this just drove me to disengage with the class. I think this is the problem with many of not al we learned in this class. We constantly jumped into an activity without any background or understanding, and I get that this is to encourage inquiry. However, I have found the opposite, Just jumping into an activity with no understanding and no clear way to gain the understanding that is needed creates confusion that lingers too long. As for doing this activity in the class, I do not think this fit what I want in my class. This is a great project for a science fair or a student that is ahead. As for a popup, I think it's a great idea that could if done properly inspire kids and parents to learn about Math.

Patrick McManus   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.